Keeping rental properties is a lot of work. Most of the time, the number of things you need to do to keep your rental Warwick homes leased and in excellent condition can seem overwhelming. Nonetheless, there is one way to may your life much easier: hire a property management company. A full-service Warwick property management company like Real Property Management Providence can take over nearly all of the work mandatory to manage your rental property. To be more specific, there are nine ways that a property management company makes your life easier.
- Market assessments. You need to carry out regular comparative market analysis on your Warwick rental properties to set rental rates, plan future improvements, and more. To do it well, it takes time. A good property management company will do it for you.
- Preparing your rental to lease. Before a tenant moves in, there are dozens of things that need to be done to get your rental house ready. Each one must be handled as professionally as possible. From repairs to cleaning, a property management company can handle it all.
- Advertising. To keep your property leased continuously, you need to advertise. This can be a tough process, especially if you are trying to list your property on multiple rental websites. When you hire a property management company, however, they do it all for you.
- Tenant screening. Finding the right tenants is another task that you can confidently turn over to a good property management company. Screening tenants yourself can be a difficult and expensive endeavor. But then again, a property management company will sort applications, run background checks, call references, and more.
- Lease preparation and signing. Putting together lease documents that are clear and comprehensive can be a challenge. In this area, a professional property management company is tough to beat. They will have lease documents and addenda that have been carefully prepared by legal experts.
- Collecting rent. Nowadays, tenants want to be able to pay their rent online. And if they don’t pay, then what? A good property management company will be able to offer tenants multiple payment options and handle any nonpayment issues that may arise.
- Property maintenance. All rental properties need regular maintenance to stay profitable. A good property management company will have home service professionals ready and available to maintain your property. In this way, you will know things are being done frequently and properly.
- Lease renewals. Working with current tenants to renew their leases is a regular part of owning rental properties. They may want to negotiate their terms or payment, or you may need to raise the rent to current market rates. A property management company can help you navigate these conversations with confidence.
- Managing move-outs. If your tenant decides not to renew their lease, the move-out process begins. You’ll be juggling many different tasks at once, all while trying to find a new tenant. That is unless you have your property management company do it for you.
Handing over your rental property to someone else might make you nervous at first. But once you’ve experienced how much time you will save, how few headaches you’ll need to deal with, with a Warwick property manager from Real Property Management Providence on your team, you might wonder why you didn’t hire a property management company sooner.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.